[3830] CQWW SSB K8AZ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tlee@taftlaw.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K8AZ M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:46:23 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K8AZ
Operator(s): K8AZ
Station: K8AZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   34    12       31
   80:  158    25       81
   40:  213    27       92
   20:  705    37      133
   15:  829    30      130
   10:  119    16       44
------------------------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

First time use for that station and for all ops of Win-Test.  The program worked
smoothly and all found the transition from using CT to be seamless.  Huge thanks
to Dave, W9ZRX for all the help in installing the new network.  Also thanks to
K3LR and N8TR for encouraging the switch.

Fun contest, although the low bands were disappointing, given expectations for
the bottom of the cycle.  10m was a surprise on Saturday; not so much on
Sunday.  And no matter what we tried, we could not get a decent run going on
40, despite having reasonably competitive hardware, and had to result to S&P
only on that band.

'AZ hit several gremlins:  (1) we lost a vertical in the 80m 4-square early
Friday evening (repaired Saturday afternoon); (2) due to a typing error on the
connect scrip, no 10m spots came through to the logging computers until Sunday;
(3) the Telnet link to the cluster kept choking up (due to ancient computer
hardware)and needed frequent rebooting; and (4) a dirty or failing relay
contact on the 80m amp caused us hearing problems both nights.

All in all it was a great weekend.  Special thanks to new 'AZ Crew member Tony,
W4OI, who braved the 20m QRM and slugged it out all weekend as our primary run
op.  And, of course, hearty congratulations to K9RS, W3UA and all those who
topped our score.

73,
Tom, K8AZ