[3830] CQWW SSB K6GEP SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K6GEP SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:31:04 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:   21     6        7
   40:   55    16       28
   20:   84    17       24
   15:   79    21       41
   10:   18     6        6
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This is my 2nd time entering CQWW, rather than just cherry-picking DX.
The big story was obviously 15 meters.  That has got to be the most fun you
can have on 15 meters with no sunspots.  We partied like it was 1999!
Absolutely amazing.  I am so glad I put up a dedicated 15m dipole rather than
tune my 40m dipole.  I am looking forward to reading K7RA's Propagation Report
this week to see him explain this extraordinary propagation on 15.

>From Southern Calif, 15 what white hot on Saturday, and cooled down to red hot
on Sunday.  15 really finished strong too.  In the last 3 minutes I picked
up 2 zone-country doublets - VC2C and 9M8YY.

I guess I matched my totals from last year on 20, but it sure seemed like a
dud
compared to 15.  I forced myself to go over there, but it just didn't produce
the multipliers like 15.

75 and 40 were so-so. At 2200z Sunday I had a loud pipeline into Brazil.
The LU's and CX's faded out.  Only PY's.

The only new-new country for me was Easter Is - CC0Y.  Did they pick a great
year to be SOSB/15, or what?  Same goes for A35RK.

Lots of band counters like A35RK, VC2C, CQ9K, mainly on 15.  Tnx to K6RBS
for answering my "CQ Zone 3" on 10 meters.

I am glad I ran assisted mode - I found quite a few mults that way. I think
I will run assisted on CW too.

Rig: FT-990

Ants:
     80 meter dipole sloped from 50 feet
     40 meter inverted vee up 50 feet at apex
     20 meter 2 element dipole beam - pointed west on first day, east the
second
     15 meter dipole up 25 feet
     10 meter ringo ranger

N3FJP Software