[3830] CQWW SSB CN3A M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ik2qei@jumpy.it
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB CN3A M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 04:15:53 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: CN3A
Operator(s): IK2QEI - IK2SGC - IZ2FFK - YO3JR - I2WIJ - IK2BCP - IK2EAD - CN8WW
Station: CN3A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Safi - Morocco
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   69    10       61
   80:  774    24      102
   40: 1179    27      110
   20: 2317    38      147
   15: 3887    35      146
   10:  366    23       93
------------------------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Finally is arrived and in a while is gone.

CQWW SSB 2007 was the contest we was wait for the entire year after our first
experience with the new Morocco Contest Station project we started in mid 2006.

Last year CQWW SSB was our first test and we got the second place WW in the M/S
category. Good result, great experience but not enough.

FK5KE team was, last year and this year, our main competitor, the great French
team had a lot of experience, the already optimize the French Guiana contest
station in the last years with incredible results in the CQWW SSB M/S  in the
last 4 year ( 2003 2nd WW, 2004 3rd WW, 2005 1st WW, 2006 1st WW).

After 2006 CQ WW and our 2nd place WW , we decided to be more concentrate to
optimize some important aspect :  operators, antennas, contest strategies.

In the mean time we tested some change in the ARRL CW, ARRL SSB, WPX SSB, WPX
CW during entire 2007.

Last Sept. we were in Morocco again to work and prepare the station for the
CQWW SSB effort and the intention was to put the new 5 el. 20Mt. monoband on a
new higher
tower and to work the WAE SSB, but at the end we didnâ??t made any
qsoâ??sâ?¦â?¦only 4 days of very hard work. With two rotators blocked, a lot of
little troubles and the second fixed 3 el. 20 Mt. antenna on the ground we come
back to Milan, Italy destroyed and with the moral under our foots.

Butâ?¦.after one week, without discuss about radio, we start to built the CN3A
team for the SSB.

IK2SGC Matt, IK2QEI Steve, IZ2FFK Luca, YO3JR Andy, I2WIJ Roberto, IK2EAD
Romeo, IK2BCP Guido and CN8WW Said.

We made a great improvement on each band especially on 10mt. with 9mt. higher
antenna tower respect the past, 20Mt. new 5 el. @22mt. and a fixed one at 9 mt.
, 4 square verticals on 80mt.

For this new 80mt. antenna we have to thanks Romeo, Guido and Roberto. They
fixed all the 4 square system in 1 day with an incredible result during the
contest utilizing home-brew QEI/BCP phasing antenna system.

Matteo made one of his career best qso with these antennas contacting KH7X on
80m during the contest.

Stefano spent 2 days fixing with Luca the broken rotators, while in the mean
time Andy, Matteo with the Said support  â??inventâ?? a 24+20 mt. vertical
inverted L 160mt. antenna.
(we lost it the second day after a big wind storm).... :-((

We start the contest tired as always but concentrated to do the best on runner
station and in particular on the multipliers.

At 04:00 we got  a power failure covered by our new power generator, no good
opening on 10Mt. band even if we got e-sporadic conditions with only some EU
countries, no US and North America, after 24 hour with about 4600 qsoâ??s  we
started to understand we were in a way to overachieved our 2006 result.
We had a very interesting grow on 80Mt. with our great 4 square antenna we
change completely our presence on the band and our ability to get more
multipliers.

The morning of the second day we were at the right time on 20Mt. during opening
period with the JA. We made JA long path for more then 2 and half hours with
great fun.
After that we moved to 15 Mt. with great EU opening. We checked continuously 10
Mt. with a big effort to catch multipliers on this band and we got at the end 93
countries.
KC1XX was the first US station in our log on 10Mt with VY2LI after few minutes.

After the late afternoon 15Mt. band drop we move on 20Mt. to make the usual
US/EU pileup. We finish the contest running US on 40mt.

With more than 8500 qsoâ??s and 659 Multiplier, we beat our 2006 claimed result
with more than 1400 qsoâ??s and about 3 M points.
We registered a drop in term of multiplier respect last year.

Finally we would like to thanks the participants all the over the world, all
the team components, Spiros SV8CS, ARRAM Society of Morocco, Mr. Ahmed, Mr.
Omar and our fellow Jim W7EJ/CN2R and CQ Amateur Radio Magazine for â??The
Contestâ?? organization.

And cu the next one!!!

73's to all de CN3A aka 5D5A

Matt IK2SGC - Steve IK2QEI