[3830] CQWW SSB N6VI(@N6AA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6vi@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N6VI(@N6AA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 21:37:49 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N6VI
Operator(s): N6VI
Station: N6AA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Topanga, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:    1     1        1
   80:   55    17       29
   40:  145    24       47
   20:  248    25       54
   15:  126    23       53
   10:   19     6        7
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This began as mentoring some operators with limited or no HF experience at
N6AA's well located station while Dick was off operating the contest from
Madeira.  The biggest kick was watching a nine-year-old General, who was
hesitant to try it at first, get so wrapped up that his mom couldn't pull him
away from the radio.  He's hooked!

When they left each day, I picked up the slack operating with my own call.  The
visitors had enjoyed the daytime propagation on 20, 15 and even 10m, so the
majority of my hours were on the lower bands.  Still, I got some good hours in
Sunday on 20 and 15m.

Thanks to Dick for generously making his station available.  It was fun to play
with some tall antennas again.

73,   Marty N6VI