[3830] SS CW N4WW(WQ5W) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N4WW(WQ5W) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 09:10:22 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4WW
Operator(s): WQ5W
Station: N4WW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: North Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:   169
   40:   409
   20:   707
   15:     2
   10:
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Many thanks to Austin for hosting me at his excellent station!

This was my first SS from Florida, it was great to experience it from here.  I
learned a lot that will hopefully help me turn in bigger scores in years to
come.

The biggest positive difference in SS from here to me was being able to cover
almost the entire country with the antennas pointed one way and not have to
constantly turn beams as I had to from Texas.

This contest was all about 20 and 40M.  I never could get anything going on 15M
and had no sustained runs on 80M either.

Biggest thrill was having VY1JA call me on 40M and being able to complete the
sweep first thing Sunday morning (WP3R called me on 20M).  This allowed me to
concentrate on rate for the rest of the contest.

73,
Alan, WQ5W