[3830] SS CW W4NTI SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4nti@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W4NTI SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 15:59:29 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W4NTI
Operator(s): W4NTI
Station: W4NTI

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Had a terrible power line noise level.  Stayed on ALL DAY Sunday,  quit at about
5pm.  This allowed me to find the weak ones and finish my Sweep.  Thanks Alabama
Power, it's only been nearly 7 years of complaining.

Sure am glad a jury rigged my FT 1000MP for this contest season.  A lightning
bolt blew out the Audio output section,  I'm still haggling with insurance
about it.  So I took the fixed output put it into the sound card of the
Computer and there was life.  Got a outboard keyer and there was sidetone.

Without the DSP in the MP and the various filters my poor ole TS-530s would
never have done as well with all the QRN.

Was amazed on 20.  Needed NT and MS.  In the middle of a CQ run I was called by
VY1JA,  in appreciation and since the MS would be had on a lower band I gave
him
the frequency.  Last heard he had a nice run there about 14011. I then went to
40 and no luck on MS.  So I tried 80 and there was QRP  N4ODW a fellow club
member.  And no sir there was no payola involved.