[3830] SS CW K7JA(@N6PEQ) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K7JA(@N6PEQ) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 17:48:57 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K7JA
Operator(s): K7JA
Station: N6PEQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ORG
Operating Time (hrs): 23:55

------------
  160:    0
   80:  100
   40:  404
   20:  643
   15:   79
   10:    0
------------

Club: Pina Colada Contest Club

Comments:

Don't see SOHP SO1R SCARCL Category (Single Operator One Radio Southern
California Antenna Restricted City Lot) category, but what the hey. . .

Rig: IC-7800
Amp: Alpha 87A
Antennas: C19XR at 50'
          EF30/40 (2 el 40) at 45'
          Bent/curved/deformed wire for 80, starting height of 45' and bent
around roof

Had a good time running some rate from the PEQ location. Went to bed around 720
QSOs after getting Sweep at QSO #421 (Arkansas, 0224Z), thinking I would be
lucky to get to 1000. But Sunday morning on 20 moved extraordinarily well at
over 60/hour for a long time, probably because I was still fresh meat for a lot
of people.

40 was just miserably tough. We had a great NVIS antenna but no NVIS prop. But
we did have Ouzo, which eased the pain inflicted by the low bands.

Twenty played well although it closed very early both days, and 15 just plain
needed some sunspots.

I got excited when I got called by a KZ5. But then I sighed when I realized it
wasn't multiplier #81. I miss the Canal Zone.

I still think CAC should reconsider the proposal for a Sunday 8-hour Sprint
category within SS. It would not materially change the contest any more than
having a half marathon materially changes a full marathon in running. Many
people have to work Saturdays now, and if they could get on and fly on Sunday
we would all have more fun on the 2nd day. CAC. . .PLEASE think about this.

Congrats to N2IC and all those who did battle, whether your score was big or
small. It was wonderful to work many old (and new) friends, as always. Almost
shed a tear when RECEIVING the SS exchange from W7RM.  SS is!

Thanks to Dan (N6PEQ) and Kristin (K6PEQ) for the great hospitality, ample
Ouzo, and a fun time. And thanks especially to my wife Janet (KL7MF) for the
winning shoulder rubs right when they were needed most!