[3830] SS CW K5GO(N5DX) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K5GO(N5DX) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 19:48:11 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K5GO
Operator(s): N5DX
Station: K5GO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  353
   40:  973
   20:  151
   15:   15
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

I really appreciate all of the hard work my dad did to get the station ready the
week before the contest.  It is a big task to convert a multi-multi station to a
single operator station.  Everything performed flawlessly during the contest.
Since the ARRL DX CW contest we've worked very hard with a lot of help from our
friends to completely redo our 20 and 40 meter antenna systems and replace all
of our steel guy wire with fiberglass rod.  For more information visit:
www.k5go.com

The weather was perfect and all bands were very quiet.  My first four hours
were 92, 89, 110, and 112.  All on 40 meters.  I wasn't feeling good after
hours one and two about my rate, but the rate really picked up when everyone
moved to 40.  I found 11 new stations on 80 with the second radio the last hour
while running on 40 which helped the rate tremendously.  NA says that I made 206
second radio contacts.  The latest version of NA really works well with SO2R in
the sweepstakes and other contests.

Congratulations to N2IC and all of the other big scores out there.  We hope to
have a special guest op next year.  We probably only have a couple years left
for optimal conditions in the sweepstakes from this part of the country (e.g.
bad 10 and 15 meter conditions)for winning.

We'll see everyone in the CQWW CW.

73
Kevin, N5DX