[3830] SS CW W0ETT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ett@msn.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W0ETT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 20:15:50 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:    3
   80:   80
   40:  238
   20:  317
   15:   18
   10:
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Finally worked all 80 sections for a Sweep after all these years of trying - off
and on since 1959!  Was very pleased to have VO1HE give me a call on Sunday
afternoon for the #80.  -  Was also pleased to work GMCCers:  K0EU, N0KE, W0ZA,
KO7X, K0FX, W0ZP, and WT9Q.  N2IC and W0UA were loud.  Heard K0AV weakly call
someone once but couldn't find him cqing anywhere.

The IC756Pro3 worked very well handling QRM and QRN (minimal) very well.  Could
never get the Writelog software to hook up the rig to the PC so had to manually
change the band freq each time I changed bands.  Similarly, had to key all the
CW manually but I've done it that way so many years that I don't mind sending
it.

Only sour note was when some PSKer (no callsign, of course) cussed me out at
25wpm for being on a PSK freq where I had been running for an hour and a half.
I was on 14073.25 - which was not being used by anyone when I started and which
is at least 2 khz above the PSK freq.  It would be more common sensical to move
the psk activity up to above 14100 where freqs are rarely used.

73 Ken, W0ETT