[3830] CQWW SSB E7/DK6XZ(@T91EZC) SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dk6xz@t-online.de
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB E7/DK6XZ(@T91EZC) SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 20:00:24 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: E7/DK6XZ
Operator(s): DK6XZ
Station: T91EZC

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Smetovi nr. Zenica
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 2626    37      139
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2626    37      139  Total Score = 891,440

Club: Bosnia Herzegovina Contest Club ( BHCC )

Comments:

CLUB     : BOSNIA HERZEGOVINA CONTEST CLUB ( BHCC )

NAME     : Suad Zukic, DK6XZ
ADDRESS  : Gymnasiumstr. 104
           75175 Pforzheim

LOCATION : SMETOVI, NEAR THE CITY OF ZENICA, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA

 Band       QSOs    Points     Multiplier
   21     2626      5065      139 +  37
 TOTAL    2626      5065      139 +  37

SCORE :     891440
===================

Remarks:

It was a great time - after more than 18 years! I enjoyed fully the 38
hours of contest activity. Thank you all for the contacts and your pation.

My special thanks to Danny, T93M who have repaired our old clubs linear
amplifier just days before the contest and have supported me generally at
my contest revival. I thank also to my Radio Club, T91EZC, allowing me to
use our contest location on the mountine Smetovi. I became also  greatest
support by the guys of the BOSNIA HERZEGOVINA CONTEST CLUB, who have giving
me usiful advises for the contest ( T93J, T99W, T93Y, T94CT, T90T etc. ).
Thank you all!

Something about E7 prefix:

Due to the fact, that my BH-License with callsign T94XZ have expired 3
years ago - and respectively the discussion in the contestmen circles about
E7 prefix - I requested the country COMMUNICATIONS REGULATORY AGENCY - CRA
( www.rak.ba ) for an advise: The responsible officer concluded and
confirmed to me, that the only legal way for my amateur radio activity
from Bosnia and Herzegovina could be using the German licensed callsign
with by ITU dedicated country pefix E7!! So I did it that way...

This made a bit troubles for a number of logging software and forced me
to explane during contest, "what" and "who" is E7. It was sometimes a hard
job to call stations: much of repeating and explaning was needed. But sorry
for losed time of some of you as well...

Interesting:

The highlight for me was successful call to 8P5A to the end of the contest:
I screamed E7..E7..E7... in the middle of his US-pile-up - as he finaly
recognized me asking "who is E7?"  and turned his antenna to Europe - to be
my new multiplier. I was waiting for him since last night, as he was booming
at first, to "disappeare" second later by turning his ant. system to NA and
starting there an extreme pile-up. I tought, no chance to work him any more...

Many of interesting countries came on my CQ frequency and "gave me multis" -
thank you very much for that.

About location and equipment:

Contest location: SMETOVI by Radio Club Zenica, T91EZC ( ~ 1.020 m ASL )
Transceiver: YAESU FT-1000 MP ( INRAD filter 1,8 KHz )
Headset: HEIL PRO-SET 4
Amplifier: KENWOOD TL922 ( output ~ 700 W PEP )
Computer: TOSHIBA Satellite PIII 1GHz ( WIN XP )
Logging software: UCXLog by DL7UCX

The contest location and the antenna were proven matter. Both worked properly.
First day, nice sunny weather - the rest of the snow desappears slowely. Next
day foggy and colder ( but I was able to see all of that only for some minutes
).

I was disappointed to realize saturday morning that the switching from TX to RX
works not preperly. I actualy did not have ears in first seconds and was able to
copy only sigs coming to me with over S-7. Later I found out "technic" to solve
the problem by pressing the brake button on the rotator!!! That made -trough
some induction - the sensitivity of the receiver comes back. It was funny
needing to do it a couple of hundrets of times druing the contest. Many of
worthy time was losed that way and several weak ( especialy JA ) signals gone
probably away.

On the first day the amplifier switched 4 times to stand-by ( in order to cool
down abt. 20 minutes !! ). That happened again and again - in the middle of NA
pile-up! I losed that way my nerves completely ( working rithm and frequencies
as well ). No problems any more, since I have started to drive the PA with only
60 - 80 W.

That was the story. Do hope to see you in CW. Hopefuly my FT-1000 MP is coming
back from its reparation at the right time.

Best 73´s and thanks to the contest organizers

Suad, DK6XZ

PS: I would appreciate very much any comment regarding my signal during the
contest ( resp. some records )...