[3830] SS CW K8MR Single Op Multi Station HP

To: "3830@Contesting.Com" <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS CW K8MR Single Op Multi Station HP
From: "Jim Stahl" <jimk8mr@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:23:00 -0500
Once again I operated four different stations in the 2007 CW SS: N8TR, AC8E,
K8AZ, and K8MR.

Overall results:

80     648
40     740
20     265
15      34

Total: 1687 qsos

Total score:   253,740  (sum of the four individual scores)

Worked all the sections from one place or another. Missed:

NT:     3 times
WTX, WY, MB, AK:    2 times
ME, SB, ID, NE, PAC, NL, MAR, AB:  once each

My plan was to do six hours from each location. I hit that almost exactly on
the nose, going about 15 minutes over from K8AZ where we had software
problems at the start, resulting in only six qsos in the first 17 minutes.
So that worked out to six hours of good activity.

I was amazed at how close the four scores turned out - within one percent of
each other. No, that was not planned.

It is interesting how different multipliers show up. The last one worked at
N8TR was MO - and then half an hour later at AC8E I think I worked 3 or 4 in
the first 50 qsos. Different propagation also shows up. One of the last
mults from K8AZ (Sunday morning and afternoon) was WPA - as is often the
case there propagation on 40 was not short enough for that one. I finally
worked WA3SES on 20 meter backscatter, plus a later ESP level QSO with N3SD
on 40 and finally one on 40 that I could hear in N3XF (I think that was the
call). On 80 meters, of course, WPA was pretty simple.

This is still clearly the most fun way to operate this contest!

See you in Phone SS (from one station, mine) as well as from PJ2T in CQWW
CW.

73 - Jim  K8MR