[3830] SS SSB W6KC SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6kc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W6KC SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:22:17 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W6KC
Operator(s): W6KC
Station: W6KC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 8

------------
  160:
   80:   39
   40:   46
   20:  104
   15:  111
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

It was good to get sweeps on both CW and SSB this year.  I have a VY1 ritual
that I go though every year...I usually hear VY1JA late Saturday afternoon on
20M, but I can't work him.  My beam does not have a rotator and I just leave it
heading east.  So I go on the roof, hand turn the beam north, come back down and
I usually get through to VY1 right away.  This year I got a big payoff from my
trip to the roof...while it was heading north, I worked all the north sections
that I needed, AK, AB, BC, SK and then both VY1JA and VY1MB in back-to-back
QSOs...Tks J and Bob for making my day!

On Sunday, W5UMS answered my CQ on 20M...I recognized the call, because two
years ago I just happened on the W5UMS Field Day station on the campus of
Ole'Miss while visiting during the student orientation weekend with my son.  I
ended up guest operating the W5UMS Field Day station for about 30 QSOs.  The
W5UMS op remembered my visit to their FD station...nice way to bring back some
good memories.

73, Jim, W6KC