[3830] SS SSB K6VVA SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K6VVA SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:35:12 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): ~

------------
  160:
   80:  162
   40:   53
   20:   90
   15:   21
   10:
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

My apologies for some QLF posts. I really appreciated all the KL8C posts made in
the CW SS, so tried to  - give back - in this event.

Unfortunately, the packet module in WL is still crapped, so each post
required:

1. Switching to the DX Summit Page
2. Manually typing in my call, the call spotted, freq, sec ,etc.
3. Clicking the Submit button

For some anal reason, I decided to keep copies of all my posts (forgetting I
could get these via a database).  So each time, I also had to click on the 25
recent spots, highlight the entry I posted, copy that into a Notepad file and
save it before returning to WriteLog.  "DUH!"  Not very productive;-(

Each time I worked an Alaska station, I wished I had gone back up there for the
Phone SS vs. operating from this RF Hole.  But if I didn't contribute at least
50K to the infamous contest-within-a-contest at hand, I'd feel guilty.

Starting at 2100, I lasted about 50 minutes after 25 calls before working VY2ZM
and 15 calls to work another rare mult.  I was getting beat up pretty bad.
Since this was not going to be an all-out effort, I turned everything off, ate
half of my Panda Express dinner, some chocolate, and took a two hour nap.  That
was great!

Things improved awhen I got back on and I actually started having some fun
working some of the contest regulars, so put in more time (albeit still
yearning to be signing KL8C again).

My preference remains: CW - CW - CW, 'cuz it's like music vs. {end of
soapbox}.

73 & Tnx for all the Q's and some mini-rag chews along the way...

Rick, K6VVA