[3830] SS SSB KR2Q Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KR2Q Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 03:23:02 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KR2Q
Operator(s): KR2Q
Station: KR2Q

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: fn20ru NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 7

------------
  160:
   80:   66
   40:   38
   20:   73
   15:   23
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

I contest to have fun...so I didn't do much contesting this time cuz it just
wasn't any fun.

Started work (vocation) at 1:30am Friday morning local time cuz I had the next
week off and I still had lots that I wanted to get done.  By the time 3pm local
Friday rolled around, I was really dragging...and still in Manhattan with a long
commute back home.

Got on at the start and cudn't work anybody (or almost nobody).  Figured it was
no big deal and I could make it up later, if things improved, so went QRT for a
bit.  Got on somewhat later, still terrible from here.  Went to bed at 0030z
(really!) and woke up around 10z.  So much for 6 hours off time.

Bands were still crummy from here (super loud guys were CQing in my face).
Decided to check email.  Had a request from overseas to check out a "funny" log
in the RTTY contest.  Now THAT was a lot more fun (I love log-checking) and took
another hour or so.  Indeed, found some funny stuff in the log, but waiting for
more info to flow in.

Then, while on-line, I got a call from CT1BOH and we had a nice ~1 hour QSO
(VoIP) about, of all things, LOG CHECKING (not related to the RTTY request, but
I did mention it), plus some other stuff including, of course, CQWW CW next
weekend.  Again, this was a lot more pleasant than trying to do SS ssb qrp (at
least from here).

As for the contest, I have never had such a hard time having guys hear me.  I
still can't believe how many loud guys (like 40 over 9 loud) CQ'ed in my face;
really depressing.  And then, some guys clearly doubted that I was qrp cuz "you
are so loud" or "wow, that is one big qrp signal."  Go figure.

Worked 7 other QRPers.  Some specs

NX9T sent me 85 at 2200z while I sent him #21 (ugh)

N8IE sent me 143 at 1057z

KC5R sent me 599 at 2128

N9KT sent me 568 at 0011

Nice scores guys!

I heard reports of "guys down south" being QRP and having HUGE numbers.   Can't
wait to see who.

This one was not any fun for me, so I stayed out of it.  Just as well...more
rest for CW next weekend.  My goal in the last hour or two ended up being to
have a nice "even" score.  I think I did that.

Of note, it is now snowing here in NNJ so it must be the perfect time to go
outside adjust the antennas!

de Doug KR2Q