[3830] SS SSB NJ4M(@KI4LNU) Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NJ4M(@KI4LNU) Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 06:55:33 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NJ4M
Operator(s): KI4PJB, KI4PJC, WD4AHZ
Station: KI4LNU

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:    0
   80:  119
   40:  100
   20:  152
   15:   56
   10:    0
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

A little multi-op session with beginning contesters KI4PJB and KI4PJC.  Intended
to run an amp, but discovered while setting up the station, it wasn't working
... so Low Power it was!  Lot's of S9 plus "alligators" who couldn't copy us -
yet, when we did find a spot to run, we got "good signal" comments or guys way
in the noise called ... go figure!

At times, 15, 20, and 40 sounded like the California QSO Party!  15 seemed to
be open, but not too many folks on to take advantage of it.

Sunday we started watching packet to chase down the remaining multipliers, but
the "packet pileups" were pretty bad.  Worked 2 of the spotted stations back to
back later (OR and AK), calling CQ before they were spotted again!!  Still
missed SB, ND, and QC (ND and QC had big piles).

Still ... had fun, and that's what it's all about!

Thanks to Mike, KI4KTP for use of the Red Cross station, KI4LNU.

Ron