[3830] SS SSB K2DBK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2dbk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K2DBK Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 13:41:00 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K2DBK
Operator(s): K2DBK
Station: K2DBK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NNJ
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:  145
   40:   35
   20:   67
   15:   17
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Running low power into a G5RV is an exercise in masochism in any big contest.

Oddly, the few contacts I had on 15m were surprisingly easy, because at the
time I was working there, the band had so much deep QSB that it seemed like
everyone had gone elsewhere. (To 20m, I'm sure.) The good news is that if the
QSB fades were slow enough, I had no trouble working anyone I could hear (since
apparently there wasn't much competition.)

As others have noted, 20m was really busy. Most of my contacts there were
relatively late Sunday, when folks started to run out of their 24 hours or took
a break for Sunday dinner.

80m was a big surprise for me. I worked a few stations relatively early
Saturday evening, then went out for dinner. I got back and thought I'd try to
work a handful more, and between about 0530Z and 0730Z I worked about 80
stations. While working 40/hour can only barely be called a rate compared to
the big guys, for me doing S&P it was terrific and was definitely the most fun
part of the contest.