[3830] SS SSB KT0R Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gwfields@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KT0R Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:21:19 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KT0R
Operator(s): K0AD,K0OB,KEOL,NR0L, WA2MNO
Station: KT0R

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:   63
   80:  379
   40:  445
   20:  438
   15:   21
   10:
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

As most of you read last week in my posting to CQ-Contest we lost Dave, KT0R, a
great contester and a good friend to cancer in September. A group of us wanted
to protect Dave's call sign in hopes one day one of his young sons would want
it and we also wanted to make the call active in some of Dave's favorite
contests. At the urging of Dave's wonderful wife we once again invaded the
basement shack of KT0R. We wanted to do our best to honor Dave.

We ran into a computer problem at 23:45 on Saturday, which knocked us off of
prime run time while we fixed it for 40 minutes. Half the crew was new to SS at
KT0R so they had a bit of a learning curve but, in the end we made a good
showing for our first effort without the big guy. 40 meters went long very
early Saturday and Sunday evening and 15 was a wasteland. Minnesota is truly in
the black hole when the 160 meter Q count is better then the 15 Q count.

The best part of the weekend was spending it with a great group of guys while
we remembered Dave. We did our best to bring the contest mayhem to the house
that Dave's family is so used to. Jim, KE0L, brought lots of pizza Saturday
night to share with the whole house and Dave's wife Adrienne made us home made
banana bread Sunday afternoon. How's that for a contest snack!

One of things that impressed me the most was all the nice comments we got from
many of you. Words of encouragement and condolences for the family were
continuous. The contest community is one special group!

73,

Greg K0OB