[3830] SS SSB K5NA Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5na@ecpi.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K5NA Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:44:25 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): KU5B, K5NA, K5DU
Station: K5NA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  193
   40:  746
   20: 1022
   15:   98
   10:    0
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

People who know me know I am not a phone person and I dreaded the thought of
doing the SS Phone as a single-op. But I didn't want the station to go idle
this year so Susan and I decided to do a multi-op. Then we heard that Colin,
KU5B, was looking for a place to do SS Phone, and we decided to invite him over
to join us.

This turned out to be one of the better decisions that I have ever made.

When Colin said that he was willing to be the runner, I was overjoyed. That
meant that my role was simply to sit in the second chair, chase multipliers,
and try to find people that we hadn't already worked.

Colin settled in doing 99 percent of the running for the weekend and I filled
in occasionally only when needed. He did a terrific job of fighting the QRM,
digging out the weak callers, maintaining a run frequency, while keeping up
impressive QSO rates. In short, Colin was terrific.

Our results tell the story because this station has never had as a 300K+ score
in SS before.

73, Richard - K5NA