[3830] SS SSB N0GF Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0oj@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N0GF Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:18:20 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N0GF
Operator(s): N0OJ, KE0A, KC0CRU, KC0YXB
Station: N0GF

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Grand Forks, ND
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:    0
   80:   60
   40:  146
   20:  498
   15:   20
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

Very nice contest from the north country.  Operated from the University of North
Dakota Club Station.  Had a few new hams visit the operations and were very
interested.  Nancy, KC0YXB, is an up-and-coming contester and Iditarod racer!

20m was the powerhouse band for us.  About 0000z Saturday morning 20m shut off
for us like a light switch.  We had very decent rates (>120/hour) for the first
3 hours of the contest.  40m and 80m did not hold well for us the first night
with very meager results.  Our 40/80 antenna is only a trap dipole placed over
a metal roof (on top of the University Student Union) so I am sure the roof
interferes a little.  The low bands on Sunday did manage a little better.

Sunday worked a little run of W6's on 15m - otherwise 20m was king.  Seemed
like 20m was packed as usual with the sunspots being so low -- the splatter and
QRM was terrible for a good portion of our time on 20m.  The sunspots are on the
rise thankfully!!!  We operated 3 blocks down the street from another ND station
(W0GJ) but received no complaints from them about QRM from us.

Still missed the elusive VE4 though.  We were just too close to him on 20m and
we never heard them on 40 or 80m.  I will just have to wait for my "clean
sweep" mug until next year!

73/DX - Ryan, N0OJ