[3830] CQWW CW DJ1YFK(@DJ6ZM) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW DJ1YFK(@DJ6ZM) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 16:44:36 -0800

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

FT2000, ACOM 2000A; TT Orion, Expert 1k
Optibeam OB-804020 @ 30m (2el 80m, 3el 40m, 5el 20m),
OB 9-5 @ 20m,
4el SteppIR @ 25m,
Dipole for 160m.
Win-Test.

SO2R for the first ten hours only, then the antenna switching for the 2nd radio
failed (turned out to be easily fixable later..). I switched to the "just for
fun"-mode (and had some!); thus the low number of multipliers.

The new Optibeam tribander (80/40/20m) worked very well; running 80m has never
been so enjoyable for me before. Running a bunch of Zone-3-QSOs there on at
sunrise was among the best moments of this contest.

48h straight for the first time; turned out to be easier than I thought.