[3830] CQWW CW 6Y1V M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, david@6y1v.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 6Y1V M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 16:51:53 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 6Y1V
Operator(s): KY1V W4OI OH3RB
Station: 6Y1V

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Jamaica
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  156    16       70
   80:  548    27      103
   40: 2090    36      133
   20: 1892    39      135
   15: 1582    30      123
   10:   24    13       23
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

What can I say, that was a blast!

First, I would like to give a special thank you to Tony (W4OI/HK1AR) for his
many hours on the towers making repairs. Finally, the 40 meter stack works!

I would also like to thank my two Finnish friends for coming all the way to
Jamaica and joining the team. My QSL manager, Kari (OH3RB), an excellent CW op,
along with his friend Veikko (OH1NT), provided countless hours of their vacation
time getting the station ready. Veikko came only to provide technical assistance
and did not operate. His help is most appreciated!

The bands didn't seem to be in too good of shape, particularly 10 meters, which
never really opened to Europe. How we managed 23 countries and 13 zones is
beyond me, but I am happy.

Forty meters was the real treat. We worked stations around the world during
their daylight hours and even worked some during our daylight hours. The band
seemed to be open around the clock from this location. Signals were
outstanding!

Thank you to everyone who found our single run station and put us in your log.
For those that weren't able to work us on all 6 bands, I apologize, it was
difficult to be motivated to run on 80 or 160 when 40 offered non stop action.

73,

David ~ KY1V