[3830] CQWW CW NG7Z SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NG7Z SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 16:56:14 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NG7Z
Operator(s): NG7Z
Station: NG7Z

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:
   80:   34    10       14
   40:   67    20       39
   20:  161    24       38
   15:   48    12       27
   10:   10     4        5
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Last time I did a concerted effort in this contest was in 2001. We were living
in a small condo and I was using small antennas and low power. I logged 411
qso's with a score of 184K. Looking at that log, I had nearly 70% of qsos on 15
and 10 meters. This year those bands made up for less than 18%. Oh, for the
sunspots to come back! But nevertheless, even with much better antennas
nowdays, I should be thankful I can make DX contacts at all. EU did not open up
much either day. It was rather odd to work several Finland stations Saturday
morning and not hear much else from EU. Missed most of Sunday due to church
duties and got on for the last hour and a half. Let's see, 320 q's in 14
hours......that works out to an average rate of 23 q's per hour. And I
treasured every one of them. Highlights were working South Africa (always a
treat to hear them in the PNW), working Guinea on 20 and 40, (I love this 40M
beam!) and Palau on 40M Sunday morning. Beat out a big pile up too! Loudest
station heard, N2IC on 40M. That monster beam of his rocks!
Thanks for the Q's. Log will be uploaded to LOTW in a few hours.
Paul NG7Z
Near Seattle