[3830] SS SSB AA4LR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4lr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB AA4LR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 17:39:29 -0800

------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
Cushcraft A3S/A743 at 15m (40m-10m)
Shunt-fed 15m (80m)

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/ KAT100
Ameritron AL-80A running 600 watts (200 watts on 80m)

Comments:

Only had a limited time to operate on Sunday afternoon, so I decided to go High
Power for once. I figured I'd be able to run stations and maximize my score.
Starting at about 1815z, I found 20m very long already so the rate wasn't very
good. I jumped to 15m and then 20m scanning the band for mults & Qs. around
2045z, I moved down to 40m. Managed a good run there for about half an hour.
Amazing that the band went long by 2300z. Hunted for mults for another hour and
then finished up on 80m.

Managed to work all but 10 mults. Biggest surprise was working VY1JA easily on
20m.

Although I wasn't on for Saturday at all, based on conditions Sunday, this as
got to be some of the worst conditions for a Phone SS in a long, long time. I
can't wait for the sunspots to return.