[3830] CQWW CW W2VJN SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2vjn@rosenet.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W2VJN SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 18:39:03 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W2VJN
Operator(s): W2VJN
Station: W2VJN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 39

  160:   31    15       20
   80:  156    26       50
   40:  571    31       89
   20:  484    31       84
   15:   82    15       41
   10:    5     4        4
------------------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

This is the first time in many contests that 40 has produced better than 20 or
15 meters.  Europe was really scarce here in the PNW with watery, weak signals
on 40 and up.  A few Euros were worked on 160 and 80.

Station was set up with one radio, two amps and lots of antennas.

I used N1MM this year with fair success.  My prepared log which I practiced
with would not work when the test started, so I lost a half hour at the start.
I think a few multipliers did not count correctly.

Some how it's even fun when condx are not good.

George