[3830] CQWW CW NQ4I M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nq4i@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NQ4I M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 05:09:46 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s):
NQ4I,W4SVO,K2SX,W4PRO,VE7ZO,AA4BI,W1MD,K1XX,K2UFT,K0EJ,K4TD,KY4V,N4OX
Station: NQ4I

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Griffin, Ga
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  277    20       82
   80:  783    30      117
   40: 1436    39      152
   20: 1817    35      152
   15:  716    28      120
   10:  106    18       35
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Contest         : CQ World Wide DX Contest
Callsign        : NQ4I
Mode            : CW
Category        : Multi Operator - Multi Transmitter (MM)
Overlay         : ---
Band(s)         : All bands (AB)
Class           : High Power (HP)
Zone/State/...  : 5
Locator         : EM73LL
Operating time  : 47h45

 BAND   QSO  CQ DXC DUP  POINTS   AVG
--------------------------------------
  160   277  20  82   3     597  2.16 W4SVO
   80   783  30 117  40    1985  2.54 K2SX, W4PRO
   40  1426  39 152  24    3935  2.76 VE7ZO, AA4BI
   20  1817  35 152  48    5033  2.77 W1MD, K1XX, K2UFT, K0EJ
   15   716  28 120  20    1796  2.51 K4TD, KY4V
   10   106  18  35   0     204  1.92 N4OX
--------------------------------------
TOTAL  5125 170 658 135   13550  2.64
======================================
       TOTAL SCORE : 11 219 400            Station Powered by all Yaesu radios

Soapbox: We had equipment failures of the 160m amp, the 20m run radio, and the
Comtek 160 Switch box all during the first 30 minutes of the test...other than
that all went well...3 Op's dropped out in the days before the test so we had
to shift things around some...we had planned on 3 op's on 40m so we could have
Partner mode staffed full time...we still managed to do quite a bit of it
anyway...the 8 element 20 m yagi played very well as the mult station
antenna....we had to use a single vertical on 160m as the 2 element array had
some sort of glitch...conditions on 15m were less than we had anticipated...we
finally got a JA for our single zone 25 on 15m....Sunday 15m was very quiet and
we had a great run frequency..signals from EU were good, but no great rates at
all....guess everybody was tired from staying up all night on the low bands...
Our op's really like being able to check the real time internet scores...there
was a decent amount of participation with the on-line scoring...sure wish
others would join in and see how much it can motivate op's...I had done a lot
of work on the 40m stack's after a very poor showing in CQWW SSB, and it
appears that the work has accomplished some positive results...

It appears that there were far less "busted" spots this time??

This is our best effort by far on the low bands...160m even did it with just a
single vertical!!! Outstanding effort by Mr. Low Band BullDog W4SVO!! Our 80m
score really improved from previous years...I attribute it to removing the
under-performing 3 element yagi...the new 3 vertical array is really doing
great...I will be adding an additional 3 elements in the next few months and it
will "soup up" or 80m signal!!

Plans are under way to shake up the antennas and their placement on all
towers..we have a plan that will provide an additional 20 db of across the
board gain to the station (and I don't mean an amp...hi) we all know that a db
here and a db there, all add up...and its the continual search for another db
that drives most of us to do what we do!

I am exceptionally proud of my op's and their sacrifice to their families
during thanksgiving to be a part of our operation....this is our best effort to
date in percentage of the top M-M's score...we are continuing to close the gap
on the top three M-M's, and if things come together, we are expecting the
rankings to have a top four listing vs top three!

QSL for this operation is available via K4PK or LOTW....

73's from a rainy, wet Georgia this morning...de Rick NQ4I