[3830] CQWW CW ZF1A M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rb@austin.rr.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ZF1A M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 07:29:05 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ZF1A
Operator(s): K6AM, K5PI, N7MH, AC6T
Station: ZF1A

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Grand Cayman
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   443    16       65
   80:  1940    28      116
   40:  3270    31      132
   20:  2843    34      136
   15:  1462    25      101
   10:   210    15       27
-------------------------------

Club: Cayman Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

First-timers N7MH and AC6T did a great job -- thanks guys!  And as always, a big
thanks to Andrew ZF1EJ for his hospitality and hard work to get the station
going.  He and his crew put back up a 40' tower and C3 which worked very well
for mult hunting.

We spent a good deal of our setup time working to get a new Force 12 two
element 80M beam (model 280) tuned and up 92' in the air on a motorized Sky
Needle.  All that work seems to have really paid off, however, as we increased
our QSO total by more than 50% from last year and worked 17 more countries.

We were a bit anxious about 40M, as we lost half of the longest element on the
big Mosley and had a fairly high SWR.  But it didn't seem to affect performance
much.

We put up a 160 inverted vee at the last minute and it tuned up perfectly the
first time (!) and performed well.

We checked 10M regularly on Saturday but couldn't manage more than a few QSOs.
Then Sunday, the door opened to the US and we raced through a monster pileup in
about a half hour before it closed again.

Antennas:
Mosley ALP 6-30 log periodic at 100'
Mosley Pro 67 at 70'
Force 12 C3 at 40'
Force 12 280 at 92'
160M inverted vee at 90'
Two 700' beverages (EU and US)

QSL via LOTW, or via W5ASP direct or the W5 QSL bureau.