[3830] CQWW CW CT3NT(CT1BOH) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ct1boh@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW CT3NT(CT1BOH) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:39:47 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CT3NT
Operator(s): CT1BOH
Station: CQ9K

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CQ9K
Operating Time (hrs): 18
Radios: SO2R

  160:  125     8       34
   80:  518    19       62
   40:  761    21       72
   20:  423    24       78
   15: 1135    27       94
   10:   35    11       24
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

The contest was over for me Saturday, at exactly 18:45, when a big storm, shut
down the electrical power on the eastern side of Madeira. Unfortunately when
about 30 minutes later, power was restored, CQ9K QTH up the mountain (750
meters ASL) remained in the dark. An electrical company emergency crew went to
the QTH, and quickly located the posts where the cables were damaged by the
wind, but because of the strength of the wind, they just refused to climb them
and fix it. I could not persuade them to climb the posts under 90km gust winds
and heavy rain... It wasn't until Sunday afternoon, when the winds calmed a
bit, and everything was fixed. By then I dind't even had the motivation to
listen to the bands.
I packed things up and went on a tour around the islands wth the guys.

As my lovely wife Lara says the (bad) thing about contests, in there is always
a next one...

Special thanks to Madeira Team (CT3BD, CT3DL, CT3DZ, CT3EE, CT3EN, CT3IA,
CT3KU, CT3KY), for letting me use CQ9K QTH, and particularly CT3BD, who endured
very difficult weather conditions to assemble the station with me the days
before.

You can check here how the station set-up looked like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD9NzXcrOhw

73
José Nunes
CT1BOH / CT3NT