[3830] CQWW CW ZC4LI SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hodgson@cytanet.com.cy
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ZC4LI SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 00:38:48 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ZC4LI
Operator(s): STEVE
Station: ZC4LI

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: ESBA  CYPRUS
Operating Time (hrs): 37

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2911    36      135
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: ESBA

Comments:

SO1R
Antenna:-  C/Craft A3S  @  50Ft
Rig:-      Icom-756 PRO3
Amp:-      Acom1000
Software:  CT 10.03.002

Thanks to the organisers and to everyone for the Q's
I was on the starting grid at 0000Z but didn't hear a thing
until 0035Z - YT5G. Then nothing else until 0138Z when the band
finally opened.
I then had a 12 hour run averaging 141 with the best hour
being 170.
Day 1 Q's = 1861
Day 2 Q's = 1050
Condx were pretty good throughout the contest apart from
on day 2 between 1530Z and 1730Z when the band dropped out
completely. I nearly packed it in but my support team {the missus}
brought me some food into the shack so I sat and ate that while
watching some sport on the telly. Good job I stayed, as the band
reopened and stayed open until finally closing at 2053Z

Had the usual crop of dupes - over 115, but as I say ''work em''
'cos you never know !! Just a tip for IR4X who is NIL.

Great contest, whoever said CW is a dead mode should have been there !

73 Steve.