[3830] CQWW CW HA3LN SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, csaba@ha3ln.hu
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW HA3LN SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 02:58:16 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: HA3LN
Operator(s): HA3LN
Station: HA3LN

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: Nagybereny
Operating Time (hrs): 25.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1064    34      114
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1064    34      114  Total Score = 301,624

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

FT-1000MP MkV Field + 3el3b @19m

Highs
- pretty good propagation but definitely the sun should go on
- sometimes surprisingly easy pile-ups
- I had excellent runs to USA on both days on fantastic QRGs. I've never
thought 100W could hold 14009.2 for 4 and 14006.7 for 3 hours in a CQWW USA
prime time.
- I like DR1A's feature with the live score table. I could see how I was
performing. Sometimes I was really shocked seeing their QSO # increase. :-)
- Win-Test 3.17.0   ...flawless

Lows
- I had some s9+10dB man-made noise for the last 2.5 hours before the band
shut-down but couldn't find the source... It wiped out everything even
KC1XX/W3LPL standards were barely readable. I think I lost couple of 10
contacts.
- I had to use 60 and 285/300 degrees only coz I rotated the yagi semi-manually
with going to the tower.
- my HFTA has right towards JA. I heard huge JA sigs but couldn't run at all.
- 10 cty mults heard but not logged

Very low
The life with 100W is hard. It's sad to experience the
"starting-CQ-without-asking-QRL?" mentality. I know my 100W didn't destroy
anybody's S-meter but well... A C4, LY and LZ stn was kind enough to erase me
from the run freq when I had pretty good rate.

All in all I enjoyed this one very much.
I'm very interesting in any audio records to check my signals out. I'm looking
forward Randy's archive update with this contest.
If you have any clip/time please drop me a line.

CU in Stew Perry.

73!
Csaba  HA3LN

---