[3830] CQWW CW 5Q2T SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, info@oz0j.dk
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 5Q2T SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:27:01 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 5Q2T
Operator(s): 5Q2T (OZ0J)
Station: 5Q2T

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: OZ2JBC
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  374    26       83
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Now when Denmark has opened up for the use of new prefixes, I have decided to
get one of those. My new call sign to be used in contests is 5Q2T. On the
DX-cluster I could see, that 5Q2 have not been much on air in CW mode.

It was amazing how many stations that did not get 5Q2T in the first hit. I
guess that most of the stations that I called typed HQ2T in stead of 5Q2T. I
could hear it when I sent zone 14 (Denmark) in stead of zone 15 (Hungary).
Sometimes it was much queried on the frequency just after my report.

I have decided only to work on a single band, cause to the bad conditions for
us in the northern part of Europe. 20 M was a good band, where I could use a 3
element Fritsel FB33.

My own shack is being rebuilt so I have moved my rig to the QTH of OZ2JBC /
5Q2J close to me. To put equipment from different locations together is always
quite a challenge. After I have tried 2 USB to Com port adapters, 1 laptop and
1 stationary PC and 2 homemade CAT cables with CW-plug, I succeeded to send CW
from the PC to the station.

During the contest the laptop not always decided to transmit the correct CW. I
guess that the laptop did get interference from the power amplifier. Sorry for
anyone who get some unreadable Morse code during the contest.

During the contest the conditions where not well but fair. There were no
conditions to Asia on Saturday, but a little opening on Sunday. I tried to call
Sunday beaming Asia, but without much luck.

I called myself a few times during the contest, and I could work 1 â?? 2
QSOâ??s per minute. I got a mini pile-up just after the times I was put on the
cluster.

Thanks to all who worked me in my speed or higher. I will try to improve my
CW-speed during the next years.

QSL is via OZ0J, hope to meet you again in the 160 M DX-contest in January.