[3830] ARRL 160 N1BAA M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N1BAA@COMCAST.NET
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N1BAA M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 07:04:12 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N1BAA
Operator(s): N1BAA
Station: N1BAA

Class: M/S LP
QTH: WMA
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 534  Sections = 71  Countries = 23  Total Score = 107,724

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Having just been here in WMA for 3 months.....I HURRIEDLY
put down 60 radials and off I went....(other 60 will have to wait until after
contest.... (Tower AND yard are cold up here in Mass in December!!! HI HI
<smiling>)....

But, After NOT being able to tune my shunt fed tower
(remember I just moved here 3 months ago...) I decided to
put up an INVERTED L on the 70 foot tower........ and due
to the Vacuum Variable Cap I borrowed not being quite large
enough to tune it, I put the in shack tuner at the base of
the tower...and loaded that puppy up!...and off I went... LP but assisted.
Thanks for all the western stations who made the extra effort!!!

Also put up another western Beverage 540 feet long....which
really helped!..duh...

I heard every US section except WY...not a peep.. VE provs
NOT heard were NWT and that was it....did not get through to
a VE7 for some reason.  DID work KH6 second night after much
persistence on HIS part..he was really 569 here on the beverage.

All in all, I had a blast..I am SURE the totals will come in
over last years QSO numbers....just wall to wall cw on
160!!! GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!

See you in the 10M contest...