[3830] ARRL 160 KT5E Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jay@kt5e.us
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KT5E Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 07:11:00 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KT5E
Operator(s): KT5E
Station: KT5E

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 14.25

Total:  QSOs = 402  Sections = 70  Countries = 3  Total Score = 59,439

Club:

Comments:

I decided to run QRP on this one and had a great time.   I sure appreciate the
patience in all of you snagging my light signal out of Colorado.  As expected,
both nights were slow early on but the band played very nice in all directions
from about 9:30p local on.

On Friday night I had huge signals from MN and VE5.  I must have been sounding
good there too because fills were at a minimum.  On Saturday night it was KV0Q
that caused my Bose headphones to shut off.  All local signals  were strong but
his signal from 15 miles away  caused me to initially miss everything after K.

I worked all states except for ME and RI.  I heard ME on Friday night but could
not get through.  Not much DX in the log but thanks PJ2T and C6AKQ for good ears
in the Caribe.

Thanks Elecraft for the K2.  It sure makes listening on 160m a pleasure.  I am
looking  forward to  the K3 that should be here soon!

Jay - KT5E