[3830] ARRL 160 KY4F M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KY4F M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 07:27:19 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KY4F
Operator(s): KY4F
Station: KY4F

Class: M/S LP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

Total:  QSOs = 517  Sections = 61  Countries = 2  Total Score = 62,952

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Got into this at the last minute.  My antenna would not load on 160 so I turned
the power down to 5 watts and answered K4TD's CQ on a whim.  I was amazed when
Rick answered!  I managed to work another 30 or so Q's in that manner the first
night.  Saturday I attached another 60 feet or so of wire to my "vertical" and
pulled it over the tree top and back toward the ground.  I have a very
sophisticated antenna system!  In the end I have a wire from the house running
at a 60 degree angle (approx) to the top of a 60 foot tree, over the tree and
pretty much veritcal back down.  I tied it off and fired up the rig.  The
Orion's internal tuner found a match, so I was ready to go.  Of course, the
efficiency of the antenna is questionable, but it worked!