[3830] ARRL 160 W4PM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hmmjr@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W4PM Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 08:13:47 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W4PM
Operator(s): W4PM
Station: W4PM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Hanover County, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Total:  QSOs = 613  Sections = 72  Countries = 9  Total Score = 101,493

Club: Central Virginia Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: Omni VII, ALS-600, 400W to an invted L with no radials!

I spent the first night at a club multi-op station and used my home station the
second night. Conditions were generally good but with my DX-challenged antenna
(radials neatly rolled up under my window awaiting leaf removal and final grass
cutting) I didn't spend much time looking for DX and none called me duing my
CQ's.  I did get KL7 and KH6 but missed PR, WY, ND, NL, NT, MB, and two of the
CA sections.  Starting into the contest on the second night is fun because you
are "fresh meat" and once someone puts out a spot the pileups begin!  What a
hoot this can be with run rates peaking at 220 Plus.  Such things rarely happen
at my modest station.

73,
Puck