[3830] ARRL 160 W8GTZ(N8MR) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W8GTZ(N8MR) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 08:59:03 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W8GTZ
Operator(s): N8MR
Station: N8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 15

Total:  QSOs = 637  Sections = 72  Countries = 7  Total Score = 102,305

Club: Motor City Radio Club

Comments:

This was my best score to date. The Motor City Radio Club held its 75th
Anniversary Dinner on Saturday evening, which accounts for my more-than-usual
lost time, but it was worth it. I used the club's newly acquired second
callsign, which was originally the call of our first president.

Conditions were good, but was plagued by a local intermittent S-9 noise for the
first half of the contest. Most likely another neighborhood power pole has an
insulator going bad. Didn't get the receiving loop installed in time for the
contest. so a lot of weak ones were missed. I used the inverted L for both TX
and RX.

Again, lots of fun. This remains my favorite contest. Looking forward to next
year.

Mike, N8MR