[3830] ARRL 160 WD5R M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd5r@hughes.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WD5R M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 10:37:33 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WD5R
Operator(s): W5TM N5ECT
Station: WD5R

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ar
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1548  Sections = 79  Countries = 42  Total Score = 415,998

Club:

Comments:

Well Marlene did it again.
She brought in another hired hand, W5TM.
Considering she was only out peanuts, soup,and cornbread,
she sure got her money's worth.
Ed carried most of the load.
He had n1mm windows up that had never seen the light of day on this farm.

We've tried to add a director and reflector to our 1/4 wave vertical.
Apparently just a little baling wire and a few radials will qualify
the system to be called 'parasitic'.
Looks like it is gona require a rocket scientist to get the gain out of it.

In the past, the routine around this station is to close down soon
as there is enough light to feed the cows.
Ed stuck with the contest well into daylight, and proved it's worth the effort.

Once again, thanks to Ed, W5TM, I've had the opportunity to see that the guy
under the head set can be worth several DB.

Doug, n5ect
cw op at wd5r