[3830] ARRL 160 K4LY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K4LY Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 10:43:09 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K4LY
Operator(s): K4LY
Station: K4LY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 29

Total:  QSOs = 820  Sections = 75  Countries = 21  Total Score = 164,064

Club: Carolina DX Assn

Comments:

I keep adding 100' radials, now up to fifteen plus thirty 50' radials, tweaking
the slopping inverted L, which slopes up at a 55 degree angle from the base of
my Hygain Hytower to the 85' level above my 65' tower.  And it actually works
pretty well!  When I moved from CO where I had a 1/4 wl Rohn 25 160M shunt fed
tower flame thrower, I never expected to do well again on my favorite HF band,
160M, due to the confines of an 8/10ths of an acre lot here in SC.  What a
contest!  DF2PY called me on Friday night; CU2AH and YV7QP called Saturday
night!  Working EU with 100 watts and a compromise antenna here is a lot easier
than from CO with a KW.  Conditions were so quiet (I use two flag antennas, one
favoring NE and one west), activity was so good (and DX conditions were good
Friday night) that I managed to stay up all night BOTH nights.  I'm sure there
will be many record breaking results.  Great to work old friends from CO and
the rest of the country.  Thanks for the Qs, and please forgive my second night
mental and CW skills.  See you in the Stew Perry.
Doug K4LY  ex-W0AH   Inman SC  EM85wb