[3830] ARRL 160 KB7Q Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KB7Q Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 11:18:09 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KB7Q
Operator(s): KB7Q
Station: KB7Q

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Montana
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1121  Sections = 79  Countries = 11  Total Score = 205,290

Club:

Comments:

Conditions seemed great from here. I managed to get a windows of opportunity
between two weather fronts to fly the balloon vertical at the cabin. Not a
single puff of wind until Sunday morning, just light powder snow coming
straight down the whole time! Boy did the antenna play! Must be the radials by
Lowes and that 1,500' drop off to the south and east! ;-)

Highlights:
A single run of 297 stations, a 117 qso/hour and working all the DX countries I
heard over the weekend, even broke thru to Europe with a GM3POI contact. Working
VY1JA for my last multiplier.

Lowlights (not really):
A 12 qso/hour against thoughts of a warm bed just a few steps away. Refilling
the generator with gasoline every 6 hours or so - actually it was great to get
my butt out of the chair and out into the brisk mountain air! I admit to
fleeting thoughts of elk hunting.
Working 138 dupes; nice to know I was still getting out during those long CQ
stretches! ;-)

73,
Gene