[3830] ARRL 160 WE9V Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WE9V Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 11:20:12 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WE9V
Operator(s): WE9V
Station: WE9V

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 19

Total:  QSOs = 1005  Sections = 75  Countries = 11  Total Score = 175,698

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Lots of huge scores out there.  I'm sure many records will
fall.

My best score in 11 years, but then again, I've not put in
more than 10 hours per contest since then.  Even this wasn't
"full time", as I took 2 hours off during prime time Friday
(6-8pm) and pulled the plug at 1am (7z), then didn't start
back up until 0030z Saturday.  Later on Saturday night,
when I saw how good the score was to previous years, I got
some inspiration to keep the butt in the chair, but still
took 3 hours off.  Rates seemed slow, even at the beginning,
probably because I'm not used to running low power for this
one.

Sections missed:  NNY, PR, NL, MB, NT
DX worked:  C6 CM CU HI I J3 P4 PJ2 VP2M XE ZF
I was called by I3MLU and CU2AF (both with huge signals) and
I called all the other DX with an occasional look in the
window.  Not great, but not bad considering low power and
S9 line noise here.  Worked only 11 DX stations, plus 2 KH6,
3 KL7, 2 KP2 and 56 VE.

Thanks for the Q's and sorry if I couldn't pull you out over
my S9 noise.

73,
Chad WE9V
http://www.we9v.com