[3830] ARRL 160 N2CU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N2CU Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 12:14:06 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Total:  QSOs = 902  Sections = 76  Countries = 28  Total Score = 200,096

Club: WNYDXA

Comments:

I had to drive to NYC Friday morning (~360 miles) and didn't return home until
late Saturday afternoon. Being "fresh meat" is always fun so I found a spot to
CQ and didn't move for 6 hours! Did a little DX'ing to pick up multipliers and
then back to running.

Highlights: W.A.S. in one day, 76 sections, 28 countries, nice rates of up to
240/hr and 82/hr average for the test, two KH6 and two KL7 calling me (one KH6
was at least an hour before his sunset), super participation from IL, VA, MN,
OH, WNY, TN and ON, working two JA's.

Lowlights: Only two JA's, missing MB, NL, NWT, PR, 10 dupes, a "N2" CQ'ing
right on the low edge of the DX window with bad key clicks wiping out several
kHz, having a computer problem and a "4" stealing my run frequency while I was
sending "AS" while re-booting, not being able to operate the first night.

DX worked: 9A, C6, CM, CT3, CU, DL, EI, F, G, GI, GM, HI, I, JA, LA, OE, OK,
ON, OZ, P4, PA, PJ2, S5, SP, SV, UA2 and VP2M.

This is always a great contest with some of the best rates I ever get. A fun
time. Too bad there's not more DX participation.

FT1000MP, Drake L7, 46' Inverted L, K9AY loops, N1MM logger.

73,
Tom N2CU <><