[3830] ARRL 160 KH6/KU1CW Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku1cw@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KH6/KU1CW Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 02:02:37 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KH6/KU1CW
Operator(s): KU1CW
Station: KH6/KU1CW

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Kauai, KH6
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 70  Sections = 34  Countries = 0  Total Score = 4,760

Club:

Comments:

Well-this is part two of my ARRL 160. After operating first night as KU1CW from
MO and ice storm scare, I have finally departed at 8am to KH6. Thanks to the
tail wind we have arrived a bit earlier (about 4pm) and I even had some time
before dark to get prepared to run my stealth operation from the Hyatt
Resort...
 I'm not too lucky on getting room at the high floor at the arrival, but they
always move me there after the contest, except last year. I have asked for the
room in a quiet corner with tall palm trees this year-and got the garden to
myself (at least at night). Slingshot, two forty/fifty feet tall trees with
130ft of wire and about an hour of hidden activities put me in the business-but
nobody was hearing. Was frustrated, change grounding, adjusted wire a bit and
after another 2 hours things got better. This year more people heard my signal
and I got 20% Q improvement (from 55 to 70, Hi-Hi). Still a very good test for
the main land RX setups. This year I even had one 'QSO B4'(guy received KU1CW
only) and one dupe!
 Thanks, to everyone who has tried and apologies to PJ2T, who I have tortured
for a while-my rig was shutting of at the beginning at the operation due to
setup deficiencies. Still NIL, but your RX was good.
73. Alex KH6/KU1CW

P.S. Not sure if WL calculates score right for the KH6 part...