[3830] ARRL 160 VE3MGY M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vy2mgy@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VE3MGY M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 04:49:55 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: VE3MGY
Operator(s): VE3MGY + PACKET + LP
Station: VE3MGY

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Ontario
Operating Time (hrs): 24

Total:  QSOs = 912  Sections = 75  Countries = 13  Total Score = 159,578

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I went with packet for the first time in this contest and the cons include
competing in a unrestricted power category [ I was only running 100 watts ],
busted spots on the screen, and the fact that 99.9% of what I saw on the screen
Saturday night I had already worked. The pros include getting a headsup on the
DX or new sections as they appear. In fact there were 3 or 4 sections that I
may have missed S&P because they were at or just below the noise level.

Propagation was fantastic on both nights with the only noise being the S2 QRN
that arrived after sundown - and that was on the vertical. The band was
extremely quiet - except for the QRM hi. I was called by Eastern and Western
Europe, South America, The Caribbean, Alaska, and I was making it into the West
Coast both nights sfter 0130z so the band was obviously wide open.

912 QSO's includes dupes. CT did not want to log PR, AK, PAC, VI as ARRL
Sections and WCF wasn't even on my band map!! I'll let the contest committe
re-score my log if need be but I think I got it pretty close.

73
Brian
VE3MGY