[3830] ARRL 160 K0PK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kentp@co.st-louis.mn.us
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K0PK Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 09:07:48 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K0PK
Operator(s): K0PK
Station: K0PK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Northern MN, EN37rk
Operating Time (hrs): 31

Total:  QSOs = 981  Sections = 76  Countries = 13  Total Score = 178,089

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

This has always been my favorite contest and this year's effort was my personal
best. Chose LP instead of QRP this time. After the previous weekend of constant
S&P in CQWW it was fun to RUN a bit! Worked all states and C6,
CM,CU,G,HI,I,J3,KP2,P4,PJ2,UA9,VP2M,XE,ZF. Missed MB,NL,NT,PR. Heard NL but
couldn't crack the pile. A heavy snowstorm Saturday night brought waves of
precip static that made listening difficult for several minutes at a time(S5 on
E/W Beverage w/IPO on!). I kept CQing to hold my run freq. but felt like an
"alligator," even w/only 100 w. My appologies to those callers I missed. It was
really noisy here at times. Had a GREAT time! Rig: FT2000/N1MM, 95' top loaded
vert, 80m CF Zepp, 290' E-W Bev. Thanks for the Q's! 73, Paul - K0PK