[3830] ARRL 160 N1BUG Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, paul.kelley.n1bug@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N1BUG Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 10:17:01 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N1BUG
Operator(s): N1BUG
Station: N1BUG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 34

Total:  QSOs = 1367  Sections = 78  Countries = 40  Total Score = 367,570

Club:

Comments:

Made the decision to work this contest at the last minute. My first HF contest
effort in many years. Fun!

Local noise from a yet unidentified source made 4 of 6 Beverages useless. Only
NE and NW were usable. Headphones were found dead at contest start. Almost quit
before starting with that discovery but decided to press on. Whole contest
operated using speaker. As hardware glitches go I'll take this over a dead rig
or amp any day.

Biggest surprise was JA8ISU calling me a full 2 hours before sunrise with a
great signal. I had never before heard a JA more than 30 minutes prior to
sunrise.

Apologies to the many callers I could not dig out. Between having to use the
speaker, local noise and developing QRN northeast on the second night, it was
rough going at times.

Antennas used:
100' vertical (tower with 7 el 6m yagi for top loading)
Inverted V at 75 feet
600' NW Beverage
500' NE Beverage