[3830] CQWW CW 9Y4AA(N6TJ) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6TJ@SBCGLOBAL.NET
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 9Y4AA(N6TJ) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 20:47:33 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 9Y4AA
Operator(s): N6TJ
Station: 9Y4AA

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
Operating Time (hrs): 36.5

  160:
   80:
   40: 3767    35      134
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Great to return to Trinidad and Tobago for my 3rd straight year.  And many
thanks to my kind host, Andy 9Y4W and to our friend Chris 9Y4D for his timely
assistance, too.  Wonderful of Chris to fly over to Tobago the day before the
contest for a hand-shake and a couple of CARIB 807's.

Goals this year were modest.  See if I could hold together for another CQ WW
CW, and take a shot at the 40 meter South America record set by my friend OH0XX
from YV5A a dozen years ago.  Both seem to have been accomplished.  Definitely
heartening to know that some goals can still be reached by very senior
citizens.

In my 50+ running of CQ WW, I dedicated this operation to our good friend Phil
Goetz N6ZZ, and also to the memories of two other contesting friends recently
lost to us:  Jim Maxwell W6CF (my QSL Manager for all of my pre-1992 operations
from ZD8Z, 9Y4AA, VR1W/KB6DA, etc) and Hillar Raamat N6HR (ex-ZD8HR, etc) who
played such an important role in getting me on the road for so many CQ WW's,
starting in 1967.

Thanks to the many who called, especially finding me often running so high up
the 40M band.  Very pleasant surprise to be called by D2NX for my only Zone 36,
and thanks to TF4M for giving me Zone 40 with 23 minutes to go.  Conditions were
great, and cannot ever remember 40 sounding like 10.

Rig:  FT1000MP MK V     ALPHA 87A

Antenna:  2 element rotary.

Software:  TRLOG

Congratulations to the excellent A/B scores from John P40W, Andy V47NT, Tom
8P5A and so many other outstanding operators.  Sorry I was not able to QSY to
the other bands for the mult; all can take solace in knowing I QSYed for no
one, deciding to treat everyone fairly and equally badly.  I must say I was
surprised that most of the big gun multi's didn't ask me to move.

And many thanks to wife Marilyn and daughter Kristen that helped lug all the
radio stuff to the Caribbean and back.

Expecting to return to T&T for 2008.  See you all then.

73

Jim Neiger  N6TJ, 9Y4AA