[3830] ARRL 10 W0YK SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W0YK SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 16:04:09 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W0YK
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: W0YK

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

   CW:  173    21
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  173    21  Total Score = 14,532

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

17 states, 1 province and 3 DX (CX, LU & PY).  Sorta like a slow VHF "contest".
The weekend averaged less than 8 QSOs per hour.  Not like six years ago with
2500 QSOs and a million points.  40% of this year's log are local NCCC members.
 Another 30% are others in Northern California.  There were 30-second openings
to most areas of the US once during the weekend from this QTH.  I missed many
of them.  You'd think it couldn't get worse than this, but then there's next
year.

I was able to get a few other things done while auto-CQing in the background.
But, the payoff came with diligently tuning the dead band for those infrequent
and brief openings where there was time for 1-2 QSOs at most with a new
multiplier never to be heard again.  Really needed the KRX3 (second receiver)
in the K3 to be able to CQ and tune simultaneously.

Thanks for those with patience to complete the QSO.  My apologies to many who
only got part of their call sign through a brief opening.

73,
Ed - W0YK