[3830] ARRL 10 KD5J SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KD5J SO SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 16:41:42 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KD5J
Operator(s): KD5J
Station: KD5J

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:
  SSB:  154    33
-------------------
Total:  154    33  Total Score = 10,164

Club:

Comments:

In the 2006 ARRL 10 meter contest, I scored 8640 points with 144 QSOs and 30
multis to win a certificate for first place, low power in the AR section. I was
happy to surpass last years score.

This was my first year to use my new call (ex KB5EKX) and to log on computer
instead of paper.

The station is a Kenwood TS-2000 with a 3 el beam.

When the contest began on Friday evening, propagation was exclusively to Texas.
Everything was fine as long as we did not discuss sex, politics, or football. I
looked up the grid squares of stations I worked at this time. My contacts were
from Dallas to Houston to Austin to the Panhandle and on to Big Bend. During
this time I worked my only DX station, XE2WWW, on the Texas-Mexico border. As
the band died out, propagation shifted and I was able to pick up OK, NM, AZ,
and suprisingly CA. My last contact was with K5AM in NM at about 0400Z as the
band died out.

Saturday morning I ad to work and I dont think I missed much. I was able to
make some weak signal contacts in the early afternoon. The band opened up with
propagation to the northeast at 2230Z. During this time I worked the elusive DC
multi when I snagged 4U1WB. As the evening wore on propagation shifted west and
I was able to work stations to the north and west. The band died out around
0300Z.

Sunday morning came alive at 1630 with propagation to the northeast. During
this time I worked my only VE from ON. Before the band died out I was working
SC and IL simultaneously. My last contact was at around 1930Z with K4BAI in
GA.

Multis worked:
AR AZ CA CO CT DC DE GA IL IN KS KY MA MD MI MN MO NC NE NJ NM OH OK ON
PA SC SD TX VA WI WV WY
DX: XE

I was disappointed not to hear ME, VT, NH, NY and FL as I usually do.

73 and see you next year,
Cord KD5J