[3830] ARRL 10 NX5M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nx5m@txcyber.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NX5M M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 17:46:57 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, N5XJ, KU5B, N5DUW, AB5K
Station: NX5M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 35

   CW:  746    58
  SSB: 1477    57
-------------------
Total: 2243   115  Total Score = 687,700

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

The first 4 hours were a blast.  277 qsos in the first hour.  Ended the first
night with 818 qsos in the log.  Probably could have run over 1000 the first
night had we stayed on ssb but that would have been a mistake.  CW rates were
good the 2nd hour but the rate dropped some....typical I guess since some
callers send slower than others.
Saturday was tough...enough said.  But the band did start coming back to life
toward the evening.
Sunday was totally the opposite of Saturday.  Rates grew to the upper 100's for
three straight hours before the band went way south again about 2100z.  I guess
the band was coming back to life again in the last couple of minutes when K3WW
called in with 20 seconds left with a S9 signal.
Hope next year that barrier between Texas and the upper west coast is gone as
well as the barrier that blocked states in New England such as VT, RI, ME.
The only VE provinces worked were VO1, VE3 and VE5.  Never a whisper from
anywhere else.
Expected to hear more signals from the Caribbean.  Was pretty disappointed in
that outcome.  No VK, no ZL and HI was pretty quiet this year.  Maybe we just
did not listen toward VK/ZL enough.
We ate well, nothing broke and had some good times along with the bad times.
See you next year!

The crew at NX5M....."chaos".