[3830] ARRL 10 KD2MX SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KD2MX SO CW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 18:10:57 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KD2MX
Operator(s): KD2MX
Station: KD2MX

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

   CW:  27     6
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  27     6  Total Score = 648

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

A truly forgettable weekend.  Lots of nothing.  Not surprising but disappointing
nonetheless.  Friday evening got off to a decent start, some Es to FL and many
locals.  There was a brief opening Saturday morning, heard an XE1 but too many
calling to have a hope of working.  That was about it.  Some more Es Sunday
morning.

My op time was somewhat more than 1.5 hours.  I'd sit at the rig and tune
around whenever I was passing by.  Running qrp with a wire antenna made calling
CQ pretty much an exercise in futility except to pick up a few lurking locals.
There wasn't much to S&P on.  I'm sure locals with a beam and some power made
out a bit better but I think it was a pretty dull weekend on 10M for most of us
in the Northeast.

Oh well...conditions must improve by this time next year?