[3830] ARRL 10 K7SS SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, desk@nwlink.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K7SS SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 23:55:38 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   CW:  106    23
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  106    23  Total Score = 10,000

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

WHAT FUN!

Dropped in the shack from time to time thru the weekend, and got lucky
to catch the opening to W4... started w/ N4AF and continued thru FL SC
AL GA and sparse sigs in TN and IN.
That was it !!!

missed a good W1 to VE3 opening about an hour or more later...but caught
a few loud VE3s just at the end...and ONE station in NY ...W2JB.

The scatter Qs were mostly into CA and UT, with only ONE CO, ONE ID, ONE MT.

Ive got to tell ya, working K7BG in Montana was as much a thrill as
working the other side of the earth on any other band....
something about those scatter Qs ....makes em very thrilling... hearing
one character at s9 while the rest of the call is in the noise is
great fun...

Total Qs CW .. 106. Mults 23. DX = KP2, LU, PY, CX, ZL. pretty much
one each but for 3 LUs.
W6s worked were W0YK, KF6T, K6RB and K6NA.

Great way to spend a part time weekend....!

Most probably wont agree with me, but I found this extreme marginal band just
as
much fun as a wide open 10 Meter band.

73
de Danny, K7SS